Since 1991, Tresor has provided a home for artists to germinate their ideas for advanced new sounds and broadcast them to the world. The pioneers that first traversed the Detroit-Berlin connection and were at the forefront of a new cultural movement gave to Tresor its original and continuing mission: community, resistance and reshaping the world to come.
The Tresor 30 compilation represents a major landmark in this continuing history of electronic music. This unique collection of music profiles some of the artists that gave the previous three decades of Tresor its sound and foundation, but it also casts its gaze forward. Writing new postcards from the future, this collection brings new artists who maintain a connection to that original mission to the fore, charting ways in which this ethos can continue to build bridges and break walls in the next 30 years.
Bringing together 52 essential tracks – both classics and exclusive commissions – each of the 12 records in this box-set charts a unique line of flight from those artists that helped define the shape of this new music to those who continue to pattern its landscape further.
Preluding the Tresor 30 compilation, Huey Mnemonic composes “Transmutation” a glistening and high-spirited shuffling dance-floor rhythm track, on which the Talking Drum meets TR-909 patterns, creating an instrumental bridge between West Africa and Detroit. Drawing inspiration from science fiction, Black liberation, and the sounds of his city, Huey Mnemonic is at the forefront of a new generation of Detroit techno producers.
The future is bright and it’s now.
Curated by Carin Abdulá.
Additional curation by Cyril Etienne des Rosaies.
Mastered by Paul Mac and cut by Simon Davey at The Exchange Vinyl, London. Design by ONLAB.
Cat. No. TRESOR330 – All rights reserved
℗ & © Tresor Records 2021
- A1 / 1. Underground Resistance – The Final Frontier (Nomadico Remix)
- A2 / 2. Huey Mnemonic – Transmutation
- B1 / 3. D. Strange – Metal Mono
- B2 / 4. Speaker Music – focus.point.shoot
- C1 / 5. AFRODEUTSCHE – CAN’T STOP
- C2 / 6. Juan Atkins – I Love You
- D1 / 7. rRoxymore – MULTIPLICITY
- D2 / 8. Helena Hauff feat. Paris The Black Fu – Electronic Future
- E1 / 9. Lara Sarkissian – In The Form Of A Sphinx
- E2 / 10. Jeff Mills – Late Night
- E3 / 11. K-HAND – Boiler
- F1 / 12. Claude Young – In Circles
- F2 / 13. Porter Ricks – Anguilla Electrica
- G1 / 14. Basic Channel – Phylyps Base
- G2 / 15. Moritz von Oswald – Segment
- H1 / 16. Donato Dozzy – Le Confort Electronique
- H2 / 17. Verraco – Umbral de dolor
- I1 / 18. KMRU – neutral points
- I2 / 19. Surgeon – Berlin Disease
- I3 / 20. Regis + James Ruskin present O/V/R – Natural Enemies
- J1 / 21. Claudia Anderson – Track 3
- J2 / 22. machìna – Trio
- K1 / 23. Robert Hood – Master Builder (Sandman Option)
- K2 / 24. Function – Mirror Hour
- L1 / 25. LSDXOXO – Love In Allegiance
- L2 / 26. Sophia Saze – Curtains
- M1 / 27. Blake Baxter – One More Time (Acid Mix)
- M2 / 28. SHE Spells Doom – Splash
- N1 / 29. DJ Minx – Dequindre Cut
- N2 / 30. Whodat – Grit
- O1 / 31. Anthony “Shake” Shakir – Madmen
- O2 / 32. Daniel Bell – Still Buggin’
- P1 / 33. Bergsonist – Tout Maintenant
- P2 / 34. Loidis – In The Place I Sit
- Q1 / 35. Drexciya – Jazzy Fluids
- Q2 / 36. Russell E.L. Butler – James Stinson On A Beach In The Mid-Atlantic
- R1 / 37. DJ Stingray – Bioplastics
- R2 / 38. Jensen Interceptor – Seas Of Rage
- S1 / 39. Terrence Dixon – The Way I See It
- S2 / 40. Nandele feat. Roberto Chitsonzo Jr. – 42567
- T1 / 41. Ectomorph – It Knows Your Name
- T2 / 42. Simulant – The Purpose Of Simulation
- U1 / 43. TYGAPAW – Diffusus
- U2 / 44. Joey Beltram – GameForm
- U3 / 45. Nene H – Only Words Break Silence
- V1 / 46. FJAAK – Lovers
- V2 / 47. Yazzus – Turn Of Speed
- W1 / 48. Grand River – Santa Loria
- W2 / 49. TV Victor – Change On
- X1 / 50. Carlota – Breakfast On The Moon
- X2 / 51. Torus – Deep Mid
- X3 / 52. Mareena + JakoJako – 30 Perlen